Thursday, May 10, 2018

CÈCILE ZAROKIAN - one of my favorite Perfumers

It just happens sometimes that after testing hundred of perfumes you start to look for some names. For these names that continuously pop up after finding something pleasant, interesting, even phenomenal and wonderful.  Cècile Zarokian is one of these names for me. She is young talented perfumer with Armenian origins in possession of recognizable calligraphy and style. I’m constantly finding myself in the phase of looking news about her and about her future works, I’m waiting with eager for some new releases, as her work is simply adorable.

Cècile Zarokian graduated from ISIPCA ad was trained by Robertet. In 2011 she founded her own company and since that works as independent perfumer. The first creation that brought her deserved recognition was Epic Women for Amouage, it was during he apprendice time at Robertet in 2009. There are more than 40 well-known fragrances in her “book” with add of numerous perfumed candels for different companies and other.

My Cècile’s story started with Kashnoir by Laboratorio Olfattivo in 2014. It was love from the first sniff. Fresh, citrusy, aromatic, sweet, resinous and deep – multilayered creation that moved me deeply. I remember even a perfumery store where I smelled it and sprayed on my hair as sales assistant had suggested. It was in San Marino. The wonderful smell followed me all windy day and I couldn’t get it out of my head any more.

The next was Van-ile by Jacques Zolty, that's still among my most loved vanillas. Created in 2014, but unfortunately discontinued. Its structure is recognizable –  many faces that pop up continuously changing from fresh and citrusy to sweet, powdery and mystically deep. It's pity to know that only few bottles of it are still findable and one day it will be gone. But thanksfully there is Cècile... creating new magical potions.

Afterwards I fell for Nerotic created for Laboratorio Olfattivo in 2016 – a sensual wet creamy wood kind of smell – difficult to describe, but easy to love. And obviously Epic by Amouage (2009) - an animalic oriental rose, may be even uninviting in its intensity, but a perfume with extraordinary power. For me it's a fragrance that increases my strength of mind and give me forth.

Some other Cècile’s creations I love:
Mon Nome Est Rouge for Majda Bekkali (2012)
Sheiduna for Puredistance (2016)
OR White and OR+Ange for UER Mi (2016)
Pacthouliful for Laboratorio Olfattivo (2014)
Aqua Sextious for Jul et Mad (2014)
And I could go one…

I had a great pleasure to meet Cècile once. It was at Sheiduna’s presentation at Pitti.  But I was so excited I only expressed my big ammiration for her work and didn’t asked nearly nothing. If it would happen again, I wouldn’t let this occasion to escape any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment