Saturday, August 25, 2018

La Collection Vanille SYLVAINE DELACOURTE



Vanilla is often related to gourmands and dessert-type of fragrances, but I think the vanilla base or even hint of it works even better in aromatic or citrusy perfumes. I find them much more fascinating and some of them have stolen my heart.
Sylvaine Delacourte, ex perfumer of Guerlain. created her Musk collection first and now launched La Collection Vanille – the kind of vanilla I love.
It's composed by 5 perfumes - Valkyrie, Vahina, Vanori, Virgile, Vangelis.
My personal favorite is Virgile; followed by Vangelis and Valkyrie.
- Virgile - result of cooperation of Sylvaine and Irene Farmachidi; an aromatic fresh and powdery concoction achieved combining woody fresh cedar, soft geranium and vanilla. Despites its low sillage, its longevity is very good - 7-8 hours.
- Vangelis - also this one is born in collaboration with Irene Farmachidi. Following its notes Vangelis supposed to be spicy vanilla, but my first thoughts upon smelling it was soft rubbery leather with incense and vanilla. I guess cloves are the mail player here and add smokiness. It's fascinating warm and sensual, perfect for cold autumn nights.
- Valkyrie - here we can detect the magic touch of big master - Maurice Roucel; the composition is built up on contradiction between citrusy and cool minty notes and softness of vanilla. In some phase it recalls Van-Ile by Zolty and even Kashnoir by Laboratorio Olfattivo (both creations by Cècile Zarokian).
- Vahina - creation of Randa Hammami and Sylvaine, tender floral with orange blossom and osmanthus; a little bit aquatic and bit too fleeting, it has the shortest longevity among the collection.
- Vanori - sweet floral with frangipani and honey, but grapefruit adds bitterness that strangely dominates on my skin and disturbs me a bit.
You can find samples kits and full bottles here: https://www.sylvaine-delacourte.com/shop/products


1 comment:

  1. I loved Virgile, too. And strangely I quite liked Vanori in the scorching heat in the past days. I feel like Muscs were a more coherent collection but I need to try all of them again and again.
    Sylvaine has the best customer service, truly. :)

    ReplyDelete