Tuesday, October 10, 2017

About me

Hi! My name is Kaisa. I’m Estonian living in Italy and I’m obsessed with perfumes. English and Italian are not my native languages so I apologize in advance for my rough use of words!
Odors are like small ghosts - we cannot see them, we cannot touch them, but they exist and we detect them with any breathe. And there are Noses – masters of perfumery able to collect primary aromas in evocative, enjoyable combinations calling them perfumes and giving us the possibility to choose odors to inspire.  We may easily live without perfumes, but for me it’s just one of things that appears reverse. Perfumes are both – superfluous and essential. We need emotions that actually are the real force that keeps us alive and colors our lives. And here I find myself with these little ghosts – perfumes - offering me an endless number of them. Perfumes are my therapy. They heal me from sadness and melancholy; they work as an injection of energy or an sedative, they may be a compliment I need to hear, a ray of sun that brings a sunshine and happiness to my life and a touch of sensuality or transgression, if I want.

We cannot choose whether to breathe or not, but we can choose the fragrance that surround us and enters from our nostrils. That’s why I write about perfumes. I love testing fragrances and have done it since I remember. Any of them have something to say and some, the best of them, are able to tell us stories. All my memories are connected with smells, both – pleasant and unpleasant and I remember persons by perfumes they used to wear. My reviews and opinions are subjective, but I’m glad if my writings help someone to orientate in this wonderful crazy World of Perfumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment